This is a partial list of the major machine-independent changes
(i.e., these are the changes people ask about most often). Machine
specific changes have also been made, and are sometimes mentioned
in the pages for the specific platforms.
Note: Problems for which patches exist are marked in red.
For changes in other releases, click below:
Changes made between OpenBSD 3.6 and 3.7
- Last minute fixes to WEP and reset in ath(4).
- Adjust the selection of devices (based on expected popularity) on the very important i386 "laptop" floppy.
- Repair AR5212 descriptor handling in ath(4).
- Repair some spl(9) races in ural(4).
- Repair rate adaption in ural(4).
- Check channels 12, 13, 14 also in ral(4) and ural(4).
- Disable aac(4) because Adaptec is run by total assholes who will not give us documentation on their RAID controllers. They will be the first against the wall...
- A very cute Linux "ipkg" installer for the Zaurus.
- Use the IFQ_* macros in ath(4) so that pf(4) queues will work.
- Improve AR5212 initialization in ath(4).
- Add IBSS and HostAP support to ural(4).
- Fit lots of nice new drivers onto the i386, amd64 and macppc boot media.
- Handle odd-length management frames in ural(4).
- Back out a mistaken byte-order bug fix recently put into isakmpd(8).
- Hurray. OFDM modulation now works in ural(4)!
- Fix USB detach in the ural(4) driver.
- Typical INSTALL.* repairs just before a release.
- Support Option GlobeTrotter 3G in the ubsa(4) driver.
- Silence noisy irrelevant messages from rtw(4) driver.
- By increasing a timeout, fdformat(1) now works on sparc64.
- Fix an important file descriptor passing bug in bgpd(8).
- More changes to ospfd(8): we hope it is minimally ready for use in OpenBSD 3.7.
- HostAP support in ral(4).
- Change the daily(8) script to not remove .ICE-unix in either /var/tmp or /tmp.
- bc(1) had a bug regarding EOF before newline... now fixed.
- Big-endian support (and 64-bit, perhaps) for ural(4).
- In chown(8) and chown(2), document that setuid/setgid bits are cleared when uid or gid are changed.
- Meet ural(4) -- a driver for the Ralink Technology RT2500USB 802.11a/b/g chipset.
- Change the daily(8) script to not remove .X11-unix or vi.recover in either /var/tmp or /tmp.
- Fix double-counting of statistics in the em(4) driver.
- When bgpd(8) reparses and finds errors in the configuration file, it should not attempt to merge this data into the running state.
- On amd64, range check the "to" address of copyoutstr(9) more carefully.
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- Bug a memory leak in the ftp code path in faithd(8).
- The Zaurus zkbd(4) prefers to run at IPL_TTY instead of IPL_BIO.
- Enable hotplug(4) on macppc.
- In macppc VGA driver, skip empty PCI ranges rather than aborting probe.
- Correct configuration file line number counter in isakmpd(8).
- A huge list of improvements cgfourteen(4) driver.
- In sparc sbus(4) driver, if no "intrs" property try to utilize the "interrupts" property.
- In pf(4), correct the byte order of MSS tracking in the synproxy code path.
- Use the IFQ_* macros in re(4) so that pf(4) queues will work.
- zkbd(4) needs more delay for discharge to avoid key rollover effects.
- carp(4) should avoid tearing down routes in the carpdev case.
- Support JVC MP-PRX1 in axe(4).
- Add missing WSDISPLAYIO_[GS]VIDEO ioctl handling to several sparc video drivers.
- Print out port numbers using host byte order in systat(1).
- In Allow WEP MAC to be NULL for WEP broadcast keys in ath(4).
- Fix a potential carp(4) crash that could occur when CARP_LOG is being used.
- Fix printing of carp link addresses correctly in netstat(1).
- When bgpd(8) fetches routing table, inherit the ifindex regardless of address family.
- Tell init(8) to turn off accounting when switching to single-user mode.
- In ntpd(8), handle errors from syscalls more gracefully.
- Fix a tricky bug in pxeboot(8): on return from real mode, reload GDT using a 16-bit pointer rather than a 32-bit value.
- Use "PXE env" calling rather than "PXE bang" calling into PXE BIOS for older spec PXE systems. Makes pxeboot(8) work better on older systems.
- In apm(8), read battery voltage only once during calculations, which makes battery life estimates on zaurus more sane.
- Fix panic trying to clean up non-existent interrupt handler when wi_attach fails in wi(4).
- Support USB1 devices located beyond USB2 hubs. USB1 keyboards and network interfaces now work when connected to a USB2 hub.
- In EHCI be even more liberal about what we accept as a completed transaction: some USB2 devices leave warning bits on when they shouldn't.
- Clean up some error-path memory and descriptor leaks in popa3d(8).
- Recognize a bunch more of sk(4) SysKonnect-based PCI devices.
- In ipw(4), retrieve scan results from net80211 instead of from the NIC internal memory. Fixes a bug with multiple AP's.
- Add "show rib" and "show rib detail" to ospfctl(8).
- In syslogd(8) secure mode, shutdown(2) the incoming side of the Internet socket rather than just ignoring data.
- Also improve rtw(4) diagnostics and make sure if_flags is consistent on reset.
- For rtw(4), improve beacon and mgmt frame handling.
- Be quite explicit about error behavior in getaddrinfo(3) man page.
- Implement "greytrapping" for spamd(8). Blacklist hosts that send to spamtrap addresses.
- In tip(1), detect illegal frame sizes. Fix file transfer when remote end is using emacs line-editing mode.
- Make RTS protection mode and 802.11g work for ral(4).
- Implement fast channel switching for ral(4). Kismet uses this.
- Fix tx rate of beacons and management frames in 802.11a for ral(4).
- Now support all options in OpenCVS "cvs admin" command.
- Clean up printing of pf(4) rule numbers in tcpdump(8).
- Add "transparent-as" to bgpd.conf(5): tells bgpd(8) to not prefix its AS to outgoing updates.
- On the zaurus, apm(8) can now report estimated number of minutes left.
- Sweep the tree for bind(2) calls with AF_UNIX/AF_LOCAL made without first setting umask(2). This could lead to race conditions. You will thank us later.
- Recognize the Freescale 7447A processor as found in the Mac mini.
- Enforce per-uid limits on the number of lockf(3) advisory locks a user can create. Add a new sysctl(8) to tweak this limit: kern.maxlocksperuid.
- Avoid NULL pointer access during exchange finalization in isakmpd(8), which caused a crash with some configs.
[Applied to stable]
- Add -n switch to mg(1) to disable backup file generation.
- Upgrade to OpenSSH 4.0 (support hashing hostnames and IP's in known_hosts, improved password expiry support, sftp command history, etc.).
- Recognize ral(4)-powered Cisco-Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter.
- Continue sweep for snprintf return value handling: most libc functions as well as ftp-proxy(8), tftpd(8), and httpd(8)'s mod_keynote are cleaner.
- Support reading from and writing to floppy drives on Ultrasparcs.
- Improve output of fmt_scaled(3): round fractionless numbers correctly and add some regression tests.
- Fix a page fault in NTFS filesystem support that occurred when a reclaimed vnode is reused.
- Recognize a ton more atu(4) wireless devices from many vendors (3com, Atmel, Linksys, Netgear), including some fairly obscure ones.
- Do not unqueue EHCI interrupt QH's immediately after initialization. Improves performance for interrupt-transfer devices (mostly network cards).
- tcpdump(8) now groks 802.11 protocol.
- Recognize GeForce FX Go 5200 cards found in the latest 12" Powerbooks.
- Let bge(4) devices work on macppc. Support for other big-endian architectures (sparc64) to follow.
- Support NetMos 9805 parallel-port puc(4) card.
- Track interface up/down state and media status in ospfd(8).
- Ignore USB2 XactErr status if EHCI controller indicates success on retry. Improves performance with bad cabling and probably makes us compatible with a wider range of devices.
- Work around VIA EHCI controllers that stall on large, fast USB2 data transfers.
- Support Intel SpeedStep adjustments for ultra-low-voltage Pentium M processors: 723, 733, 738, 753, 758, and 768.
- In wi(4) driver, support I-O DATA WN-B11/CFZ pcmcia(4) wireless card.
- Document all supported modes in the man pages for each of our wireless devices.
- OpenCVS: initial support for 'cvs admin' command.
- In tcpdump(8), support multiple data-link types using -L and -y options.
- Make sure incoming IPv6 packets on loopback get processed by pf(4) as they are for IPv4.
- Implement rcs(1) program in OpenCVS.
- Add RFC 3947 vendor ID string for NAT-T negotiation in isakmpd(8).
- Port the cgtwelve(4) frame buffer driver to sparc64.
- Implement support for the xbox(4) SBus Expansion System on sparc64, which allows frame buffers to be used.
- Make TCP SACK handling stricter by checking that received ACKs fit within window.
- Keep list of TCP SACK holes within hard pool(9) limits. Allow this limit to be adjusted with a new sysctl(8): net.inet.tcp.sackholelimit.
- Improve ath(4) radiotap support.
- On the zaurus, let sysctl(8) adjust the generation of apm(4) powerchange messages
- In mac68k ae(4), support a bunch more, including the DaynaPORT E/II-3 card.
- Move beacon allocation code into generic ieee80211 framework and out of some drivers.
- Implement hardware WEP support for atu(4).
- Import mbuf handling fixes for atu(4).
- Support OQO model 01 internal USB wireless, which turns out to be a varient of atu(4).
- Make pf(4) apply tags to all packets matching a state, rather than just the initial packet.
- Clean up memory leaks in uucplock(3) and make uu_lock_txfr(3) work as documented.
- More network randomness: use arc4random(3) instead of PIDs in login_radius(8).
- Make netstat(1) counters work on amd64.
- Add sparc support for SUNW,fas SCSI in esp(4).
- Allow only superuser to change timeslot ranges and ppp modes on san(4) interfaces.
- Support radiotap in rtw(4).
- New man page for rssadapt(9).
- Fix san(4) to not hang on large packets.
- Keep traceroute(8) ttl from wrapping.
- In MSDOS filesystem code, fix a panic when trying to write files larger than 4GB -1 byte. Reading files > 2GB now works.
- In MSDOS filesystems ignore trailing dots and spaces in filenames are ignored to stay compatible with Windows.
- Support MSDOS filesystems > 128GB by using a new hashing strategy.
- Make sure errno does not get reset before returning from
- Increase default number of usb device nodes to 6 for systems with many onboard USB devices (like Mac minis).
- Fix integer wrapping in ffs that caused decreased performance reading past 2GB boundary in large files.
- Add support for hashing host names and addresses in ssh(1) known_hosts files for more privacy.
- Allow optional specification of bind address for ssh(1) port forwarding.
- Shrink Zaurus kernel significantly by removing inlines.
- Add radiotap, monitor, and promiscuous mode support for ral(4).
- Make ral(4) do per-node rate adaptation. Paves the way for ibss support.
- New perlpod(1)-style documentation for package-management APIs.
- Document timeout on untrusted x11 forwarding sessions in ssh_config(5).
- Allow SGC frame buffers to be used as console on hp300. Also allow serial console mode to be forced by hardware switch on 425e models.
- Support 'tagged' keyword in translation rules in pf(4)
- Improve RTT calculation code in TCP packet handling.
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- Add shortest path calculation in ospfd(8).
- Fix sd(4) support for Hitachi DK23DA drives.
- Improve RCS support in OpenCVS.
- Make ftpd(8) privsep code quieter and more reliable in case of EINTR/EAGAIN.
- Fix memory leaks in pfctl(8) parser.
- Support atheros ar5211 802.11A/B/g wireless chipset in ath(4).
- Get rid of -P option for isakmpd(8), which was never useful.
- Correct bus_dma usage in re(4) which fixes alpha. Enable re(4) on alpha now.
- Support software WEP in rtw(4).
- Support integrated s3 video components from via.
- Be precise in libc man pages when talking about nul ('\0') vs. NULL.
- Fix some more bugs in atu(4).
- Support Zoltrix TV/FM in bktr(4).
- Reliability fixes for ccd(4) mirroring.
- Add new -N option for isakmpd(8) to select port for udpencap. Allows multiple NAT-T isakmpd instances on a single machine.
- Continue auditing tree for snprintf(3) return value handling: apply(1) is now clean. You will thank us for it.
- Add regression tests for copystr(9) bounds-checking.
- Fix a rare panic during init(8) seen under VMWare.
- Document the 'source-track' stateful tracking option in pf.conf(5).
- Stop isakmpd(8) from responding to 0-length packets. Makes ISAKMP quieter to port scanners.
- Initial support for suspend/resume on zaurus.
- Better error messages in isakmpd(8).
- Enable hme(4) on sparc to take advantage of TCP/UDP checksumming in hardware.
- Automatically blank screen on zaurus when hinge closes. Still need hysteresis to avoid rapid on/off cycles when bouncing.
- More OpenCVS progress: privsep cvsd, handle noop, support -c and -s for checkout, send server stderr output to client.
- Make ntpd(8) realize quickly when no network is available, so we wait less time when booting disconnected.
- Call tzset(3) before chroot(2) in tftpd(8).
- Reliability fix: rl(4) was improperly handling unaligned packets in IP input for architectures that care about alignment.
- Enable ral(4) in i386 by default.
- Support more Intel 6300ESB SATA controllers.
- Enable memory-mapped I/O on ahc(4) SCSI controllers on macppc, resulting in more supported controllers and better performance.
- Automatically enable SSH batch mode when in sftp(1) batch mode.
- Make reboot from ddb(4) work properly on sgi.
- Change CPU target on m68k to -m68020-60, which improves best-case performance without penalizing 68040 processors and below.
- Make df(1) deal better with large filesystems.
- New tool getcap(1) for querying capabilities databases.
- Double the default value of MAX_KMAPENT to 2000 (more uvm for heavily loaded systems).
- New iwi(4) driver for Intel PRO/Wireless 2225BG wireless PCI adapters.
- Program the LEDs on rtw(4) devices based on activity.
- Create new man page for the mutex(9) set of functions.
- Remove embedded compilation dates from amd(8), ppp(8), and perl(1) so that binaries don't change all the time.
- Support internal USB wireless adapters on PCChips A535 notebooks.
- New, less restrictive license for the new ieee80211 framework and new ath(4) driver.
- Better error messages for getnameinfo failures in ssh(1).
- New USB driver for zaurus.
- Make ieee80211 framework do a best-match instead of perfect-match when finding a node for a beacon.
- Cleanup in the new ral(4) driver, add software WEP.
- Print interface names in route(8)'s monitor mode when they go up and down.
- Reenable ehci(4) on macppc.
- Fix scoping errors in Apache's SSL engine, timed(8), and bad144(8).
- Support enabling amp power on certain ac97(4) chips.
- On isakmpd(8) shutdown, send delete messages for isakmp SAs.
- New X11 pointing device driver for zaurus' touchscreen.
- Remove useless always-changing compilation timestamps that are put into various binaries such as named(8), lynx(1), ppp(8), and others.
- More progress on OpenCVS; basic repository handling code.
- Support point-to-point links in ospfd(8).
- Fix scoping errors in ath(4) and macppc's macintr code.
- Provide better diagnostics when ssh(1) identity files are not accessible.
- Add /usr/X11R6/bin to the default $PATH in the skeleton .cshrc and .profile files.
- For installations and upgrades, allow the user to complete the process without installing all required sets.
- Fix a kernel panic related to setting interface media.
- Fix a bug in pfsync(4) that could cause some states to be erroneously purged.
- New ral(4) driver for Ralink Technology RT2500 wireless adapters; not yet enabled.
- Add a manual transmit power option to wi(4) and ifconfig(8); supported by some Prism2/2.5/3 cards in hostap mode.
- More work and bug fixes on OpenCVS.
- New pkg_mklocatedb(1) command to create locate(1) -style databases for packages.
- Import some new features for rtw(4).
- Enable atu(4) on macppc.
- Fix a potential kernel panic in hp300's serial port interrupt handlers.
- Eliminate a race condition in hp300's ppi(4).
- Don't close Apache's SSL cache dbm before reading from it.
- Don't crash during ahc(4) probe routines.
- Import X11R6.8.2.
- Enable bktr(4) on amd64.
- Fix '-d' option to pkill(1).
- More hacking on ospfd(8).
- More httpd(8) code cleanup.
- xsystrace(1) gets a policy destructor.
- Plug some memory leaks in pstat(8).
- On i386, range check the "from" address of copyoutstr(9) more carefully.
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- For amd64, build bn routines in libcrypto with the amd64-specific file to give a significant speedup for RSA.
- Support Billionton Systems CFLT2 Compact Flash adapter in ne(4).
- Truncate levels set with mixerctl(1) to be within the minimum and maximum values.
- Repair seekability of a gzstream in grep(1).
- Prevent carp(4) from attaching to other carp(4) interfaces.
- Fix a panic-causing merge error in rtw(4).
- Import sudo-1.6.8p7.
- Support for Seeq 80225 PHY in sqphy(4).
- Attach 3com 3c905C PHY with bmtphy(4).
- Add some sanity checks to ospfd(8).
- Add RX TCP/UDP checksum offloading to hme(4).
- Fix setting 128-bit WEP keys on big endian archs.
- Import and merge X.org X11R6.8.2rc4.
- Simplify ifstated(8) syntax.
- Import libarch for arm to allow for cache flushing, use it in the X11 loader.
- Enable siop(4) on amd64.
- Limit PERLIO_DEBUG environment variable to a sane length and ignore if setuid in perl(1).
- Fix a few memory leaks in mixerctl(1).
- Introduce POSIX hex and octal constants in arithmetic expressions in ksh(1).
- More work on ospfd(8) and bgpd(8).
- Replace broken frexp(3) with a working one from FreeBSD; share across platforms.
- Backout previous NFS time warnings change; too close to release.
- Proper permission enforcement in NTFS mount requests.
- Sprinkle more paranoia on dhcpd(8)'s currently-acked lease database.
- Use the Ethernet source address of a DHCP request instead of the one included in the DHCP packet in dhcpd(8).
- Add OpenEXR image support to file(1).
- Steady progress on OpenCVS.
- Make zaurus' LCD brightness adjustable by wsconsctl(1).
- Add mouse button emulation to zaurus.
- Detect and warn about editors that move crontab(1)'s edited file out from underneath it.
- Fix DontVTSwitch option in X11 when not using XKB.
- Fix X11 breakage on vax and other archs without shared libs.
- Avoid a null pointer dereference when deleting non-fully-established SAs in isakmpd(8).
- Add more reason counters in pf(4), altering pfctl(8) and tcpdump(8).
- Fix a memory leak in dhcpd(8).
- Check the carpdev link state when attaching a carp(4) device to it to avoid preempting after a reboot.
- Fix a broken uplcom(4) driver resulting from a previous merge error.
- Add zts(4), a touch screen driver for zaurus.
- Widen the columns in df(1) to accomodate modern large filesystems.
- Import ospfd(8) and ospfctl(8), an OSPF daemon and its controller.
- Make network unreachable errors in ntpd(8) non-fatal.
- Import and merge X.org X11R6.8.2rc3.
- Fix a bug in the rnd device which caused it to block on reads from srandom.
- Add X.org support pieces for hp300 using the wsfb video driver and drop kick the old hp300 X11R5 server out of the XF4 tree.
- Fix a denial of service in the validator code in the BIND resolution library.
- Add a new device for the dedicated SSP unit on zaurus to report battery information to apmd(8).
- Enable mavb(4) on sgi.
- Switch hp300 wscons code to rasops for DIO frame buffers.
- Import a new moduli(5) file.
- Fix preposterous time warnings in the NFS client caused by false hits in the attribute cache.
- Avoid a signal race condition in dump(8).
- Enable sgc(4) and sti(4) devices on hp300.
- Log source of connections denied by sshd(8)'s AllowUsers, DenyUsers, AllowGroups and DenyGroups options.
- Warn in advance in sshd(8) for password and account expiry.
- Enable zaurus apm/scoop drivers and report A/C power status correctly.
- Fix i386 disassembler in binutils.
- Use a packet's address family instead of the rule's when selecting a replacement address for an rdr rule in pf(4).
- Change 'syncif' to 'syncdev' in ifconfig(8) and pfsyncreq ioctl struct.
- Expire ipforward_rt cache in ip_slowtimeo.
- Fix the '-S' flag for non-root in ftp-proxy(8).
- Fix the '-I' option with '-D', '-T', and '-t' in ping(8).
- Have ssh(1) keyboard-interactive code call the authentication drivers even for responses to invalid logins.
- APM emulation framework for zaurus, as well as a scoop driver.
- Use the correct source address for ICMP errors generated from packets that were not addressed to the machine.
- Drop more privileges in popa3d.
- Support hotplug on zaurus.
- Add support for zaurus LCD controller.
- Support Microsoft PCI/CardBus and Hawking CardBus adapters in dc(4).
- Zaurus X11 support.
- Import and merge perl-5.8.6.
- Support the nForce2 Ultra 400 IDE controller.
- Import and merge X.org X11R6.8.2rc2.
- Make sure a given interface is running before touching the multicast filters.
- Support the Psion Dacom Gold Port Ethernet device in kue(4).
- Add screen rotation support to the X.org wsfb driver.
- Switch hp300 port to wscons, still using on-board ROM fonts for now.
- Use PCI Memory Write and Invalidate in fxp(4).
- Add Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) support.
- Add Bluetooth protocol stack and ubt(4) USB driver support adopted from FreeBSD and de-netgraph-ified.
- Remove old, unused ifgroups ioctls.
- Using cc -Wbounded, support bounds checking for copystr(9), copyin(9), and copyinstr(9).
- Cardbus re(4) support.
- Sentinal support in gcc, taken from gcc 4.
- Fix a kernel panic when pushing heavy traffic through ipw(4).
- More progress on the zaurus port including keyboard, USB serial, wscons, reboot and powerdown support.
- Fix i830 crash during startup in the X.org driver.
- Import Sendmail-8.13.3.
- Fix an off-by-one in the critical section clearing code of the aic7xxx driver; from FreeBSD.
- Remove an annoyance in mg(1) when editing files where the working directory is not readable.
- Reliability fixes for hil(4).
- Make sure bogus values don't make their way into tcp_xmit_timer() calculations by converting them to valid ones.
[Applied to stable]
- Add support in uplcom(4) for CTS modemsignal; from FreeBSD.
- Add zaurus bootblocks.
- Add support in iwi(4) for 2.2 firmware and other minor fixes.
- Add new shortcuts for device and debug commands in cdio(1).
- Increase the maximum username size for the in-kernel PPPoE driver.
- Read MAC addresses correctly when initializing dc(4) interfaces.
- Fix an infinite loop problem in certain options in vi(1).
- Fix a potential buffer overflow with escaped characters in Apache's mod_include.
[Applied to stable]
- Handle symlinks correctly in savecore(8) when determining if /var/crash has enough free space to dump.
- Make carp(4) traffic always appear on the physical (carpdev) interface from pf's perspective.
- Add BIOCGDLTLIST and BIOCSDLT ioctl support to bpf(4).
- Fix profiled kernel builds on i386.
- Add a preliminary display console for zaurus.
- Turn off the GPL_MATH_EMULATE kernel option by default.
- Improved import code for OpenCVS.
- Add new IPv6 manpages written from scratch.
- Make Ethernet packets sent via a carp(4) interface have a source MAC address of the virtual MAC.
- Fix a very longstanding bug in getcwd(3) to allow returning very long paths.
[Applied to stable]
- Make pfctl 'set' options no longer sticky.
- Cleanup of the Zaurus display code.
- Restrict forwarding to IPsec traffic when ip.forwarding is set to 2.
- Enable ARP table manipulation on carp(4) interfaces.
- Move processing of ARP packets to carp(4) interfaces when using them so ARP packets are sent with the virtual MAC address.
- A bit more whacking zaurus into shape including USB support for the C3000.
- Add support in ubsa(4) for the Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G adapter.
- Plug a memory leak in the regex(3) engine; from FreeBSD.
- Add a "show panic" command to ddb(4).
- Add mavb(4), a Moosehead A/V board audio driver, to enable audio(4) on sgi.
- Speed up dhclient on sk(4) interfaces.
- Grok VLAN-sized frames on am7990 devices.
- Fix some races on filesystems that don't have locks, such as NFS.
- Enable rtw(4) driver in i386 GENERIC.
- Import zaurus port, currently supported on the C860.
- Preliminary support for the arm pxa270, pxa interrupt controller, pxa serial port, pxa PCMCIA (CF) adapter, and xscale.
- Flag day! Switch i386 to gcc3.
- Add a copy of the stripcom routine to netstart(8) so it can run standalone again.
- Import M_CANFAIL support from NetBSD to remove a nasty panic during low-memory scenarios.
- Import awk-20041222.
- Add support in md5(1) for using multiple algorithms.
- Add an rtw(4) driver for Realtek 802.11 devices.
- Sync ieee80211 infrastructure with NetBSD to simplify logic and fix some bugs.
- Fix a bug that caused vinvalbuf() panics.
- More work on pkg_add(1) conflict handling.
- Fix tag handling for non-U320/packetized ahd(4) devices.
- Import and merge gdb-6.3, and add sgi support.
- Fix broken pointer arithmetic when receiving an RSA key from the kernel in isakmpd(8).
- Sprinkle list and queue macros on various drivers where applicable to make code easier to read.
- Resolve some longstanding issues and reduce verbosity while debugging with ami(4).
- Add minimal USB support to the RAMDISKC image.
- Introduce a -DSMALL variant of ifconfig(8) for installation media.
- Import and merge gcc-3.3.5.
- Support AddressFamily in sshd_config(5) in sshd(8).
- Reliability fixes in wscons(4); from NetBSD.
- Make com1, 2, and 3 work as a console on i386.
- Lower latency in bgpd(8) by processing no more than 25 messages at once for each peer.
- Fix a few core dumps in ksh.
- Avoid a null dereference when using membufs in syslogd(8).
- Introduce 'set sip on <ifspec>' in pf(4) to avoid filtering on interfaces.
- Support filesystem firmware loading in fxp(4).
- Do more in the watchdog reset on Prism wi(4) cards to help recover from a wedged firmware.
- Remove fallback AES support for old OpenSSL in ssh(1).
- Add support for more commands in OpenCVS.
- Add powerhooks to ipw(4) and iwi(4).
- Create new icmp6(4), gai_strerror(3), getaddrinfo(3), and getnameinfo(3) man pages from new or free sources.
- Discard unnecessary trailing space characters in ps(1).
- Support filesystem firmware loading in yds(4).
- Add support for displaying Shared Spanning Tree Protocol frames in tcpdump(8).
- Remove various man pages and other documents that were based on RFCs due to licensing problems.
- Import X.org 6.8.2 RC1.
- Add a gzip handler to OpenCVS; not yet enabled.
- Allow comments in the myname, mygate, and defaultdomain files from within netstart(8).
- Support filesystem firmware loading in uyap(4) and clcs(4).
- Block SIGALRM during writes in script(1).
- Make it possible for carp to work on fddi and token ring again.
- Cleanup ksh(1) and remove unused #ifdef'd code.
- Fix an off-by-one error in sail(6).
- Fix a bug in pf(4) where a NATed LAN client could lock up the kernel.
[Applied to stable]
- Reorder code to make CARP(4) operate correctly on physical interfaces that are participating in a bridge(4).
- More progress on pkg_add(1).
- Import Sendmail-8.13.2.
- Polled servers that resulted in an error are dropped to the maximum poll interval in ntpd(8).
- Fix an off-by-one in sk(4); from FreeBSD.
- Fix a double-free crash in pfctl(8).
[Applied to stable]
- Support the 'tag' command in OpenCVS.
- Allow the Address, Network, or Netmask values of the <IPsec-ID> to be specified with an interface name or the keyword "default" in isakmpd(8).
- Prevent a possible endless loop in pf(4).
[Applied to stable]
- Support filesystem firmware loading in txp(4).
- Enable yds(4) on amd64.
- Only warn in cp(1) when copying a socket to make moving trees containing sockets across filesystems much smoother.
- Make mc(4) on mac68k start working.
- Discard replies with an invalid stratum in the ntpd(8) client code.
- Fix a panic in atu(4) on sparc64.
- Permit long protocol names in tcpdump(8).
- Support more Buffalo PCMCIA NS2K devices.
- Support csh-style ! history completion in ksh(1).
- Support the nForce3-250 IDE controller.
- Correct an error in a compare function in disklabel(8).
- Fix a bus hanging problem on fast systems with bge(4).
- Fix a rare command ordering problem in the aic79xx driver; from FreeBSD.
- Allow pf(4) to filter on route labels
- Handle GNU-style checklist files for files with spaces in md5(1).
- Fix an IPsec crash. (PR#4025)
[Applied to stable]
- Fix ls globbing in sftp(1).
- Support for jumbo frames and a bus hang fix for bge(4).
- Plug a memory leak on mount failure in the ntfs driver.
- Support the annotate command in OpenCVS.
- More work on pkg_add(1) package replacement.
- Fix a soft dependencies problem that caused processes to get stuck.
- Fix a race condition that could cause random pool corruption when reconfiguring fxp(4) interfaces under heavy network load.
- Fix serial interrupt registration on zs(4) on mac68k; from NetBSD.
- Crank maxusers to 32 in mac68k's GENERIC.
- Fix a Perl IO bug to avoid duplicating file descriptors when closing handles.
- Allow ToS to be set on raw IP packets.
- Fix a NAT/T bug in isakmpd(8) to avoid sending DPD messages to the wrong port.
- Add powerhooks to wi(4) and em(4).
- Add a powerhook to pci(4) to save and restore configuration space.
- Support Falcom Twist-USB GSM/GPRS modems in uftdi(4).
- Enable jumbo frames on Yukon sk(4) variants.
- Add a 'carpdev' option to ifconfig(8) to set a carp(4) device's physical interface.
- Make carp(4) behave more like a regular interface like vlan(4).
- Lots of various work on OpenCVS.
- Support ohci(4) and ehci(4) at cardbus(4); from NetBSD.
- Change the default for 'overload <table> flush' to flush only states from the offending source created by the rule in pf(4).
- Revert previous soft dependencies merge that could lead to inode wait deadlock.
- Make ifconfig(8) default to printing interfaces in the absence of arguments.
- Do not log tiny local clock drifting in ntpd(8).
- Enable emu(4) in GENERIC on amd64.
- Fix a memory access bug in as(1).
- Use correct source address for relayed DHCP packets in dhcpd(8).
- Discard over-sized authorized_keys entries in sshd(8) rather than complaining about them.
- Support mice that have more than 7 buttons in ums(4).
- Create a separate gai_strerror(3) man page.
- Consider NFS_PORT to be a reserved port as it was before.
- Import OpenCVS--a work in progress.
- Fixed a bug in pf(4) where IPv6 packets with certain headers were silently dropped.
[Applied to stable]
- Add kernel tracking for completed 3-way TCP connections to support connection rate and count limiting code in pf(4).
- Fix a signal race in spamd(8).
- Remove "route $hostname 127.0.0.1" from netstart(8).
- Fix auto-repeat in new X.org keyboard driver.
- Import zlib-1.22.
- Default to A/UX partition types on newly created partitions on mac68k pdisk(8).
- The Great Apache Cleanup of 2004 to remove code we don't use.
- Make BUFCACHEPERCENT adjustable through UKC on hp300, mac68k and sgi.
- Fix 10mbit mode on ZNYX ZX346Q and 21143-based dc(4) cards; from FreeBSD.
- Change spl locking in pfioctl() to fix panics during heavy ioctl operations.
[Applied to stable]
- Fix dlsym() when called from the last shared object loaded.
- Plug memory leaks in units(1).
- Fix stop condition for sqrt in dc(1).
- Import a driver for the VIA VT612x PCI Gigabit Ethernet adapter from FreeBSD.
- Import a driver for the Cicada CS8201 Ethernet PHY from FreeBSD.
- Make Sun type 6 USB keyboards return extended keycodes for 'L' keys.
- Make the default X.org Xkb model pc105 like it used to be.
- No longer require write permissions for read-only SCSI ioctl commands.
- Plug a memory leak in libpthread.
- Port tvtwo(4) and vigra(4) sbus framebuffer drivers to sparc64.
- Import sudo-1.6.8p5.
- Allow pax(1) to build the table of created directories in-memory to avoid requiring a tmp file.
- Introduce an IPv4-only in-kernel PPPoE driver; ported from NetBSD and modified to match our SPPP implementation.
- Support Garmin Palm devices in uvisor(8).
- Privilege separate ftpd(8).
- Prevent ADB devices other than mice from generating extended events to help some iBooks.
- Fix a bug in RAIDFrame reconstruction. (PR#3968)
[Applied to stable]
- Remove a too-paranoid test in libXpm that made writing an XPM with an absolute pathname impossible.
- Introduce pfkey sysctl subtree and use it in ipsecadm(8).
- Fix a memory leak in SFTP.
- Use the TTL from setsockopt() in IP code similar to BSD/OS.
- Move mac68k towards a more flexible and generic interrupt system; from NetBSD.
- Fix a race between TCP timers.
- Fix a dhclient exiting problem by ignoring certain messages sent by dhclient iself.
- Various fixes and tweaks for ipw(4) and iwi(4).
- Add a CPU number to the STAT field in ps(1).
- Disable kernfs in GENERIC because nothing uses it and it is not very safe due to the buffer cache.
- Fix false positives when testing valid databases in kvm_mkdb(8) on certain machines.
- Enable Kerberos 5 authentication and encryption in telnetd(8).
- Fix a crash in pf(4) that occurred when using certain binat rules.
[Applied to stable]
- Disable the layer filesystems by default in GENERIC kernels.
- Support Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG in iwi(4).
- Change init process to allow certain umass devices to attach properly; from NetBSD.
- Use a prefixlen of 64 on tun(4) interfaces; from FreeBSD.
- Support multiple communities in bgpd(8) to eventually support better filters.
- Support the gpio(4) found on ath(4) devices.
- Support Adaptec ASR2200S U320 RAID in aac(4).
- Flat file firmware loading for iwi(4).
- Flat file firmware loading and relaxed warmboot detection for kue(4).
- Support hotpluggable gpio(4)'s.
- Support setting mixerctl(1) values via mixerctl.conf(5) in the rc(8) infrastructure.
- Extract the firmware into flat files from ti(4) and neo(4).
- Fix some core dumps on malformed format strings in hexdump(1).
- Revert part of a previous change in rtl(4) which was causing a performance
- Accept VLAN-sized frames in ste(4).
- Add net80211 framework to the atu(4) driver.
- Fix mpt(4) driver for amd64 machines and VMware.
- Restore old aperture code in the i386 X.org video code.
- Reliability fix for sysex stop packets in umidi(4).
- Better Raven PREP initialization for mvmeppc.
- Better i8259 slave handling in openpic(4) device on mvmeppc.
- Write reject files in unified format for unified diffs in patch(1).
- Allow spaces and other characters in path names in patch(1).
- Repair display.focus functionality in wsconsctl(8). (PR#3990)
- Unbreak chroot() code in named(8).
- Plug a memory leak in PFKEYv2 code.
- Support wantlib in pkg_add(1) framework.
- Use the filesystem firmware loader in ipw(4).
- Fix NAT-D interoperability problems in isakmpd(8).
[Applied to stable]
- Support a few more codecs in ac97(4); from NetBSD.
- Handle SONPROC in ps, w, and the kernel.
- Enable receive() accounting in the kernel.
- Announce IPv6 Unicast support in bgpd(8).
- Supress multiple connect() failure logging in bgpd(8).
- Merge X.org integer and buffer overflow fixes for libXpm.
[Applied to stable]
- Import sudo-1.6.8p4.
- Fix the QUIT command and implement RSET in spamd(8).
- Enable atu(4) by default on i386 and load its firmware with loadfirmware(9).
- Add loadfirmware(9) framework for loading device firmware out of the newly created /etc/firmware directory.
- Added IPv6 support in tcpdump(8) on enc(4) devices.
- Documented the new update framework for bulk builds in ports(7).
- Fix memory display in top(1)
- Improve logging for advertisement failures from carp(4)
- Remove non-standard NI_WITHSCOPEID from libc and utilities that used it.
- Add missing counters to netstat carp statistics.
- Extract firmware from atmel(4) driver to create and install flat files.
- Add a PFSTATE_STALE flag to pfsync(4) to prevent stale state updates from generating updates themselves. (PR#3983)
- Decrease latency in sk(4) by lowering interrupt modulation; from NetBSD.
- Re-implement LQM in ppp(8) according to the RFC; from FreeBSD.
- Fix transmit queue in sk(4) to fix the onboard interface on some Asus amd64 motherboards; from NetBSD.
- Fix a jumbo frame issue with 82547 chips in em(4); from FreeBSD.
- Receive VLAN-sized frames in bge(4); from FreeBSD.
- Work around an Intel 21143 chip bug in dc(4); from FreeBSD.
- Print network interface stats with the 'ifstat' command in systat(1).
- Add the output of the kern.version sysctl to the daily(8) report.
- Add a -E option to pkg_info(1) to search all packages for a given filename.
- Enable the progress meter by default in pkg_add(1); use -x to disable it.
- Fix a timeout bug in the dart(4) device on mvme88k.
- Fix a bug when filtering the ACK of packets from synproxy in pf(4).
- Import sudo-1.6.8p2.
- Support more 802.11B ioctl's in atu(4).
- Import queue timing fixes for sk(4) from NetBSD.
- First attempt at pmdb(1) support for mips64.
- Import some link change fixes for bge(4) from FreeBSD.
- Add support for the Amtel AT76c503a and the Linksys WUSB11 v2.8 to atu(4).
- Various fixes to axe(4) from NetBSD.
- More bug fixes in pkg_add(1).
- Add an "rde route-age" configuration statement to bgpd(8) to evaluate or ignore prefix ages when doing best path selection; defaults to "ignore".
- Remove unncessary locking in nvram(4).
- Add a umass(4) quirk for iRiver 3xx.
- Create a safer IF_INPUT_ENQUEUE macro in if.h.
- Add support for the Conceptronic SnapPort USB 2.0 LAN adapter in axe(4).
- More paranoia to avoid errors in timeclock(9).
- Add PKGPATH support to pkg_info(1) for more useful reporting.
- Create a cats install CD image.
- Cleanup and KNF in the tun(4) driver.
- More work on pkg_add(1) internals; make progress meter useful during package replacement.
- New atu(4) USB wireless LAN driver for Amtel AT76c503, AT76c503a, AT76c505, and AT76c505a devices. Not enabled by default yet.
- Add support for USB devices to do a full reset of a port during attach.
- Cleanup and a bug fix for sgivol(8).
- Fix a logic error when using wscons with the standard kbd protocol in Xorg.
- Various cleanup in isakmpd(8).
- Add inject support to systrace(4) for argument replacement.
- Use cc's -pipe flag by default on most architectures when building the tree.
- More work on pkg_add(1) internals.
- Fix subshell handling in tip(1)/cu(1)
[Applied to stable]
- Enable ath(4), iwi(4) and ipw(4) by default on i386 if firmware images are installed.
- Fix the Raptor workaround in pf(4).
[Applied to stable]
- Add basic control of a running multiplex master connection to ssh(1).
- Save space in fdisk(8) and disklabel(8) by gzipping embedded man pages.
- Add a "bssid" command to ifconfig(8).
- Plug memory leaks in ntpd(8).
- Add libedit command editing and history support in sftp(1).
- Support more bash-style \letter expansion in ksh(1) prompt variables.
- Adjust RTT estimates in the BIND resolver to fix an IPv6 problem.
[Applied to stable]
- Fix a memory leak when deleting a screen in vga(4).
- Add spamlogd_flags to the rc(8) infrastructure.
- Various panic and memory leak fixes in ipw(4).
- Fix a potential denial of service in pppd(8).
[Applied to stable]
- Revert mpt(4) driver to cope with IBM onboard mpt's.
- Initial import and merge of X.Org 6.8.1.
- Change the default command history in ksh(1) to 500.
- Add a manpage for the evcount(9) API.
- Disable -fdelete-null-pointer-checks at -O2 by default.
- Import and merge binutils-2.15.
- Handle carp(4) interfaces in bgpctl(8).
- Remove repeated state change logging and fix a memory leak in bgpd(8).
- Memory leak fix in passwd(1).
- Reliability fix for a panic in ipw(4).
- Compatibility tweaks to ugen(4) and uhid(4) from NetBSD.
- Some ehci(4) fixes from NetBSD.
- Add BCM5705K and BCM5750/5751 support to bge(4). From FreeBSD.
- Handle more gracefully corrupt keys in ssh(1) authorised_keys files.
- Fix SIGWINCH handling for multiplexed ssh(1) connections.
- Switch powerpc to use GCC 3.x.
- Import and merge heimdal-0.6.3.
- A couple of reliability fixes for dc(4). From FreeBSD.
- Give carp(4) interfaces their own type, IFT_CARP.
- Pass the right type to snprintf(3) in asctime(3) (PR#3970).
- Modulate the TCP timestamp by a random value for each connection.
- Remove assumption that a destination is on-link if the default router list is empty (RFC2461 §5.2).
- Updates and fixes to ipw(4) and iwi(4).
- Add DWARF-based exception handling support for shlibs and dynamic executables in gcc(1).
- Add support for setre[gu]id(2) under Linux emulation.
- Use clock_getres(2) to calculate the precision in ntpd(8), and fill in the precision field when sending server-mode responses.
- In crtbegin, make __register_frame_info() a weak symbol.
- In bgpctl(8), try to show the peer description instead of the IP address in 'show summary' view. Revert to IPs with new -n option.
- More work on mpt(4).
- In the ffs code, don't assume a block is allocated if bread(9) or cg_chkmagic() fails.
- Change the new getproto*_r(3) and getserv*_r(3) functions' return value to match the IBM/Digital API.
- Allow rdate(8) to accept replies with an NTP version less than 4.
- Minimise the delta with FreeBSD for aic(4), ahc(4) and ahd(4).
- Start work on update support in pkg_add(1).
- Correct some missing braces after an 'if' statement in xl(4).
- Have ntpd(8) server mode return the stratum of the currently preferred peer plus one.
- Add neighbor solicitation/advertisement messages into/out of the default IPv6 pf(4) rulebase loaded by rc(8).
- Backout the change of amd(8) from select(2) to poll(2) due to problems.
- Backport some fixes from lynx-2.8.6dev.7b preventing crashes due to memory exhaustion.
[Applied to stable]
- Make the xdm(1) greeter able to use non-default login classes (X.Org bugzilla #1676).
- Change all the route(8) commands in netstart(8) to use -qn and so not do DNS lookups.
- Memleak fixes and cleanup in isakmpd(8).
- Merge changes from mod_ssl 2.8.20, fixing CAN-2004-0885.
[Applied to stable]
- New ipw(4) and iwi(4) drivers, and ipwcontrol(8) and iwicontrol(8) tools, supporting Intel 2100/2200BG/2915ABG wireless devices. Disabled and non-operational due to silly distribution restrictions on the device firmware files.
- Support interrupt transfers on USB 2 controllers, allowing the use of USB 2 hubs with USB 2 hardware.
- Disconnect ssh(1) sessions on out-of-range message types.
- Pretty up bgpd(8)'s display of groups.
- Allow bgpd(8) neighbor definitions to be dependent on interface state. If used with a carp(4) interface, for example, this can be used to reduce failover time.
- Add suspend/resume support to ehci(4).
- Add -e command-line expression support to bc(1).
- Only set up the default IPv6 pf(4) rules on IPv6-enabled systems.
- Update timezone data to tz(code|data)2004e from ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/.
- Add a progress meter to pkg_add(1).
- Reduce the amount of information pkg_add(1) displays by default.
- Add -e option to dc(1) to evaluate expressions on the command line.
- Defer the IP TTL decrement so that an ICMP error with the IP header embedded doesn't have a bad checksum.
- Add strnunvis(3), a bounded version of strunvis(3).
- Add reentrant getproto*_r(3) and getserv*_r(3) functions. Adapted from NetBSD.
- Much cleanup in pciide(4), and some SATA fixups.
- Only delete users and groups with -c in pkg_delete(1).
- Implement -q and tidy up ICMP support in tcpdump(8).
- In ld.so(1), better handle current directory searches listed in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
- Add support for the HTTP proxy CONNECT method to nc(1).
- In st(4), fix bogus 'Tape block size...' errors from restore(8) and look for the SDEV_OPEN flag in the right place.
- In netstat(1) -r, show only 0.0.0.0/0 as the default route, i.e. stop ignoring the netmask.
- In df(1), don't display the header line if no usage lines are shown.
- Display the ip_len field in tcpdump(8) with the -v option.
- Support some new device types in bktr(4). From FreeBSD and NetBSD.
- Only use IPTOS_LOWDELAY on IPv4 sockets in ntpd(8).
- Parse pf(4) anchor names in tables the same way as anchor names in rules.
- Use the arch-dependent MAXSSIZ instead of an arbitrary fixed value as the upper limit for sysctl(8) kern.stackgap_random.
- Performance fixes to dc(4). From FreeBSD.
- Handle gracefully a missing EEPROM in an sk(4) device.
- Fix a missing brace following an 'if' statement in named(8)'s libdns (ISC #1744).
- Use IPTOS_LOWDELAY in ntpd(8).
- Allow newfs(8) to create valid filesystems with any legal combination of block and fragment sizes.
- Print the expire route metric as a signed value in route(8).
- Let cardbus RealTek 8138 devices attach to rl(4). More work to do.
- New @sysctl keyword for packing lists.
- Set the rootdelay in ntpd(8) server replies.
- Improve ntpd(8)'s compatiblity with NTP v3 and earlier.
- A number of fixes in ntpd(8).
- Sync the installer's install-from-tape code with reality, add a few user interface and error-checking enhancements.
- Change dhcrelay(8) to use a UDP socket for communication with the DHCP servers. The old bpf(4) method was forwarding packets out of the wrong interface.
- Defer display of MESSAGE files until all packages have been installed.
- Many fixes and cleanups in the package tools.
- Add support for an 'UNMESSAGE' file to the package tools, used to show the information a package would display on uninstallation without actually uninstalling it.
- Rewrite interface groups code, placing all groups on a tail queue, and internally referring to a group by pointer instead of by name.
- Remove obsolete -P, -C options and the unimplemented mtree options from the package tools.
- Add support for DWARF2 exception handling to libc.
- Work around an 'overlapped command' issue on ahd(4)-attached devices slower than Ultra-320.
- Inform the softdep code when the mode of an inode(5)'s mode changes. From FreeBSD.
- Fix a busted API call when opening a midi(4) sequencer device.
- Allow nm(1) to work on cross targets of different sizes as well as endianness.
- Don't use 64-bit tests on 32-bit values when testing for void PCI memory regions.
- Add another 500 microseconds of delay after a PHY reset, the DP83840A needs it.
- Add 1000base*X autonegotiation and 1000baseT master-mode support. From NetBSD.
- Update the tail pointer correctly when the hotplug(4) queue is full.
- Remove a null dereference in bgpd(8).
- Fix a couple of buffer overruns in kbd(8).
- Don't ever increment past the end of a message in ipsecadm(8)'s monitor command.
- Add a generic driver, gentbi(4), for Gigabit Ethernet ten-bit interfaces. From NetBSD.
- Add constants to mii.h for 1000base*X autonegotiation, and a constant for 1000baseT nic-to-nic master mode to if_media.h.
- In ssh-agent(1), don't unlink the agent socket if bind(2) fails.
- New -p option and 'p' command to top(1), to show just a single process.
- On Intel-chipped dc(4) devices, share the bus evenly between receive and transmit, improving forwarding performance under heavy load.
- Set the TCP congestion window to two segments instead of one, matching the window size when entering the ESTABLISHED state.
- Unshadow a variable and unbreak tcpdump(8) on carp(4) interfaces.
- Call vsyslog(3) with a priority, not a facility in ifstated(8).
- Drop the spamd(8) default passtime to 25 minutes, so that mailers with a quadratic retry schedule that causes a retry at 26 minutes are allowed through.
- Lots of work on the package tools' new object system.
- Don't reset the chip when attaching an it(4) hardware monitor, stopping the fans going into jet engine mode.
- When sending carp(4) advertisements, protect the call to ip_output() with splsoftnet(9).
[Applied to stable]
- Change the default return code from the spamd(8) greylister from 450 to 451. The latter code works better with mailer clusters, making them more likely to retry from the same IP address the next time.
- Fix a buffer overflow in tput(1) with the -S option.
- Don't allow a peer ID of zero in bgpd(8).
- Handle connection failures more gracefully in the ntpd(8) client.
- New udav(4) driver for Davicom USB DM960-based Ethernet devices. From NetBSD.
- Change the doff_t field in struct iso_dnode to u_quad_t, so that DVDs and other ISO filesystems larger than 2GB can be read.
- Stacks of manpage cleanup.
- Switch amd(8) from select(2) to poll(2).
- Allow for an additional character in the disklabel(8) fstype, so that type ISO9660 isn't truncated.
- Reorganise pkg_add(1) etc.'s packing list items code into a basic class hierarchy.
- In ntpd(8), take the median value for the offset instead of taking an average.
- New nvram(4) driver for i386, read-only for now.
- Remove a marginal mmap(2) optimization from grep(1) that was causing some newline problems (PR#3940, PR#3941).
- Have diff(1) continually retry getdirentries(2) until our buffer is large enough to store it all.
- Unbust <stdbool.h> for newer gcc(1) versions.
- fseek(3)/ftell(3) and other cleanup in msgs(1).
- Fix an off-by-one when calculating IO space for em(4).
- Don't die in bgpd(8) if socket(2) fails with ENOPROTOSUPPORT for a default listener.
- Fix memory corruption in libdb hash(3) when the cursor page becomes the LRU page.
- Check for accept(2) errors before fork(2)ing the child process in ftpd(8). From FreeBSD.
- Fix a segfault and an off-by-one in lpc(8).
- Get the rl(4) MAC address right on big-endian architectures.
- Add bus_dma(9) magic to rl(4).
- Helpfully display the bogus netmask that pfctl(8) is busy choking on.
- If the YP marker is present in the master.passwd(5) file, have adduser(8) insert new users before it (PR#3727).
- Ethernet autonegotiation fixes to rl(4). From FreeBSD.
- Add ECONNREFUSED to the list of recvfrom(2) errors that don't kill ntpd(8)'s client dispatch function, now that connect(2) is used on the client socket.
- Don't pretend to have an ifmedia structure in le(4), fixing some panics (PR#3407, PR#3661).
- Add back some snprintf(3) string cleaning lost in the BIND 9.3.0 merge.
- Correct a missing NULLification in pf(4), stopping pflog(4) incorrectly attributing states to anchors, and fixing state counter display for pfctl -vvs[nr].
[Applied to stable]
- Some refactoring and shrinkage in the installer.
- Fix a buffer overrun in xman(1) when reading the search string (X.Org bugzilla #1481).
- Clean up disklabel(8) output for modern large disks (based on PR#3847).
- Import and merge ISC BIND 9.3.0, keeping local changes.
- Fix memory leaks in a few lpr(1) error paths.
- Update sudo(8) to version 1.6.8p1.
- Add login_tis(8), supporting TIS Firewall Toolkit authentication.
- Add 'prepend-neighbor' feature to bgpd(8).
- Fix unaligned accesses in rl(4) that were crashing on alphas (PR#3795).
- Let gem(4) handle vlan(4)-sized frames.
- Reorganise mii(4) to use a structure of standard entry points instead of separate function pointers, and add a 'reset' entry point. From NetBSD.
- Remove kx(1) from the tree.
- Nicer buffer size allocation for file(1) (PR#3924).
- Add X support for OpenBSD/sgi.
- Correct an off-by-one in vfprintf(3).
- Fix a crash on free(3) in which(1).
- Add Path MTU Discovery support for ipsec(4)-in-UDP.
- Pass the TCP segment size up to userland for trpt(8) to use.
- Do a connect(2) on client-side sockets in ntpd(8).
- Don't process NAT-T keepalives in isakmpd(8).
[Applied to stable]
- Round off package tools @newuser/@newgroup support by making pkg_delete(1) delete the user/group if no longer needed.
- Drop osi and mask keywords from route(8).
- Change sysctl(3) KERN_INTRCNT_CNT to return a quad instead of an int.
- Add some read(2) and write(2) error checks to route(8).
- Fix ssh(1)'s handling of the -n option in multiplex client mode.
- Have bpf(4)'s kqueue(2) code fill in kn_data with the number of available bytes, like FreeBSD and NetBSD.
- Make sure bgpd(8) and ntpd(8) never send signals to their child processes after handling a SIGCHLD for them.
- Allow midi(4) UARTs that don't support interrupts on output to write blocks larger than MIDI_MAXWRITE.
- Add code (#ifdef'd out by default) to allow 32-bit code using libsa to print 64-bit int values.
- Allow for the link-layer header when deciding whether or not to allocate a cluster in the syncache.
- Add libexpat 1.95.6, an XML parser library, to the tree.
- Remove source-routing support from route(8).
- Initial support for @newuser and @newgroup packing elements in pkg_create(1) and friends.
- If X is running, stop the wsdisplay(4) screen blanker firing when its settings are changed.
- Add 'no-scrub' pf.conf(5) keyword, allowing specific traffic to bypass the normaliser.
- Iconify xconsole(1) in the standard xinit(1) rc file.
- Display route labels with route(8)'s show command.
- Get parameters to m_gethdr(9) the right way round in IPX-in-IP code.
- Fix the no-route pf(4) keyword for IPv6.
- In gzip(1), look for the last instead of the first dot in a filename before tacking on a '.gz' extension, so foo.bar.gz is tried if foo.bar is given on the command line but doesn't exist.
- splx(9) later in brelse(9) to protect flags being set on the buffer.
- Disable dynamic standby on 82550-based fxp(4) cards.
- New vnode(9)-related manual pages for vflushbuf(9) and vwakeup(9).
- Check for waitpid(2) errors in disklabel(8).
- Fix an off-by-one in awi(4)'s WEP algorithm selection code.
- Install PostScript docs for yacc(1).
- Set NOLINT for GNU code, there's just no way it's ever going to work.
- In ntpd(8) with -s, only call settimeofday(2) if the offset is larger than 180 seconds. Otherwise, adjtime(2) can cope with the offset sensibly.
- Move the ntpd(8) startup earlier in /etc/rc(8), and use the -s flag unconditionally.
- New -s flag for ntpd(8), which sets the time using settimeofday(2) before daemonizing. This removes the need to run rdate(8) early in /etc/rc(8).
- In libpthread, allow a thread in the FD[RW]_WAIT states to be suspended.
- Fix the build process for the ahc(4) microcode.
- New %z and %t modifiers to *printf(3) for displaying size_t and ptrdiff_t respectively.
- Add a framework in the package tools to distinguish packages added manually by the user from those added as dependencies for other packages.
- Enable @shell keyword in pkg_add(1) etc., adding and removing an /etc/shells(5) entry as required.
- Make spamlogd(8) respect the -I option, and change its bpf(4) filter so that it only looks at TCP S/SA packets. From PR#3914.
- Update sendmail(8) to version 8.13.1.
- More pcmcia(4) CIS fixes. From NetBSD.
- Set the keyboard encoding earlier in /etc/rc(8).
- Clean up state creation and destruction reference counting in pf(4) and pfsync(4), fixing problems with adaptive timeouts, max-states limits and rule leaks.
- Fix a segfault in hack(6) (PR#3923).
- Reset MINCLSIZE back to the old value so that clusters are created as soon as the packet is bigger than the standard header size. This is a conservative measure for this release.
- More signal flag race fixes, in isakmpd(8) this time.
- Don't ignore next-payload type NAT-OA in isakmpd(8).
- Have pkg_add(1) etc. warn about use of the deprecated @dirrm keyword.
- Handle route labels in RTM_CHANGE messages.
- In the installer, set the console device speed before selecting it as the console, unbreaking Soekris boxes when booted without a cable attached.
- Stop dhcpd(8) calling inet_ntoa(3) twice per log message.
- Handle '%ll' with positional arguments correctly in *printf(3).
- Don't remove a cloned peer immediately when it goes back to IDLE, keep it around for a while. That way, if it went away because a capabilities negotiation failed, it doesn't come back later with the same (incompatible) capabilities and so fail again.
- Unbreak MD5FileChunk(3) when passed a zero length, and so make MD5File(3) work again.
- Have tcpdump(8) print the th_seq field from truncated TCP headers, e.g. in an icmp frag-needed-but-DF-set error.
- Give TCP some extra smarts (SS_ISSENDING) so that it doesn't send partial segments when the socket layer is still busy sending to it. Inspired by FreeBSD and NetBSD.
- New '-T tcp' button for tcpdump(8) to force interpretation as TCP.
- Teach tcpdump(8) about NFSv3.
- Correct an off-by-one in fmt_scaled(3), allowing it to show 1099512676352 == 2.0T properly.
- Fix more signal flag races, this time in comsat(8) and rpc.rstatd(8).
- Drop the 'fallback interface' code from dhcpd(8), and store enough state to send a relayed request back to the right place.
- Fix an off_t->int truncation in rwhod(8), found by lint(1).
- Add some additional pcmcia(4) CIS sanity checks.
- Several manual page fixes.
- Fix a stack of compiler warnings in libkvm.
- Restore hotplugd(8)'s ability to handle events queued before the daemon starts.
- New -Dvar=value option for pkg_create(1).
- Don't use a double where an int will do in sshd(8).
- Add a negative index check in the hardware sensor sysctl(3) handler.
- Have mount(8) dump attribute caching parameters in verbose mode.
- Fix races on the signal flags in bgpd(8) and inetd(8).
- Have mount_nfs(8)'s noac option turn attribute caching off instead of on.
- Let rdate(8) accept NTP responses with stratum 0.
- A bunch of lint(1)-inspired cleanup in ntpd(8).
- Teach pkg_add(1) etc. about GNU info directories.
- Remove all use of system() in favour of System()/VSystem() in the package tools.
- Fix a file descriptor leak in df(1).
- Have pkg_add(1) complain when configuration files can't be installed.
- In pkg_add(1) etc., use the uid/gid cache module and perl(1)'s own chown() function instead of system('chown',...).
- Change arg 4 of kvm_openfiles(3) to unsigned so that KVM_NO_FILES is in range.
- Add mtree and uid/gid cache modules and an error wrapper to pkg_add(1) etc.
- Remove a gcc-specific constructs from bgpd(8), inetd(8) and syslogd(8).
- In bgpd(8), treat ENOBUFS from sendmsg(2) like EAGAIN and retry later.
- Add support for mtree(8) to the pkg_add(1) framework.
- A bunch of delint(1)ing, especially signal handlers with unused signo, and other unused variables.
- 3.6 -> 3.6-current.