This is a partial list of the major machine-independent changes
(i.e., these are the changes people ask about most often). Machine
specific changes have also been made, and are sometimes mentioned
in the pages for the specific platforms.
Note: Problems for which patches exist are marked in red.
For changes in other releases, click below:
Changes made between OpenBSD 4.5 and 4.6
- Added radeonfb(4) to sparc64, an accelerated framebuffer for Sun XVR-100 boards.
- Added support in re(4) for RTL8103E and RTL8168DP devices.
- Fix em(4) MAC address for dual-port 8257 cards.
- Added support for BCM5709 devices in the bnx(4) driver.
- Split bnx(4) firmware into several files and updated them.
- Make ksh(1) avoid infinite recursion if unlink of the history fails.
- Make ssh(1) handle long home dir paths.
- Add workaround to isp(4) autoconf for arches where the clock is not running yet.
- Make floor(3) round towards -inf instead of towards zero.
- Make the rc(8) scripts create a syslogd(8) socket in /var/www/dev when httpd is enabled to make logging to syslog work.
- Move the sparc second stage bootblocks 256KB higher to accomodate the growth of the GENERIC kernel.
- Updated time zone data to tzdata2009j.
- Added HW VLAN tagging/stripping for ix(4).
- Enabled isp(4) on hppa GENERIC kernels.
- Bring back MCLGETI support for ix(4) again.
- Fix ix(4) TX DMA map swapping.
- Teach sysmerge(8) how to handle links.
- Updated xf86-video-openchrome to rev 753.
- Make the install scripts add the default user to the 'staff' login class.
- Fix segmentation fault in m4(1) macro code.
- Fix a use-after-free in the pagedaemon.
- Fix in dc(4) for reading the MAC address out of the eeprom instead of CIS.
- Added support for ICH10 variants of em(4).
- Added support for VIA VX855 chipset in the viapm(4) and pciide(4) drivers.
- Updated xf86-video-intel to 2.7.1 and xf86-video-openchrome to svn rev 750.
- Re-enabled inteldrm in the i386 GENERIC kernel.
- Added a workaround for ehci(4) on ATI SB600 revisions and ATI SB700 south bridge revisions A12 and A13.
- Enabled softraid(4) on alpha, hppa and sparc64 RAMDISK kernels.
- Make watchdogd(8) lower stacksize before mlockall().
- Added support for the Broadcom HT-1100 chipset in the piixpm(4) driver.
- Fix extra psignal/wakeup in exit1() which could cause double SIGCHLD signals.
- Major update of the isp(4) driver.
- Synced mandoc to version 1.7.20.
- Added support for 82574L based devices in the em(4) driver.
- Fix pf(4) scrub max-mss for IPv6 traffic.
- Disable memory above 2G on sgi machines.
- Added and enabled stge(4) on sgi GENERIC kernels.
- Make wsmoused(8) support mice with lots of buttons.
- Updated sudo(8) to version 1.7.2.
- Fix possible NULL dereference in ssh(1) when aborting if key_sign fails.
- Make vax preserve more registers in sigcontext and return them in sigreturn. Fixes signal return regressions.
- Move the MI hme(4) fix for properly clearing the RUNNING/OACTIVE flags and watchdog timer to the sparc hme(4) code.
- Fix DMA map issues in the de(4) driver.
- Added two new views to systat(1), "nfsserver" and "nfsclient".
- Synced mandoc to version 1.7.19.
- Added MCLGETI support to vr(4) devices.
- Enabled experimental raid 4 & raid 5 disciplines in softraid(4).
- Added raid 4 and raid 5 in bioctl(8) create.
- Force softraid(4) Raid0/4/5 volume size to multiple of stripe size.
- Make ndp(8) check for the correct RTM_VERSION before accessing anything in the rt message.
- Make ntpd(8) handle ENOPROTOOPT, can happen when using IPv6.
- Better pfsync(4) detection of when we have a better version of the TCP sequence window than our peer.
- Fix "gcc -Z" on powerpc machines.
- Synced mandoc code to version 1.7.16.
- Enable support in pfsync(4) for deferring the packets that creates a state so sync peers are able to receive the state before the reply.
- Fix tcpdrop(8) after the routing domain changes.
- Fix file(1) byteswapping in the ELF parsing code for BE64 systems.
- Removed the xf86-video-suncg6 driver from xenocara.
- Make sure splsoftnet() masks softclock on sgi machines.
- Rewrite the way pfsync(4) merges states into the local tree.
- Improvements in the softraid(4) raid 4 and raid 5 code.
- Limit the BCM5701 B5 chipset-based bge(4) devices to 32-bit mode.
- In bge(4), set the DMA read watermark to 4 to prevent some TX timeouts.
- Make hppa machines correctly flush direct cache and TLB mappings.
- Create a hotplug callback mechanism in softraid(4).
- Fix freelist overrun in libc gdtoa routines.
- Added support for VIA CX800 south bridge to the viapm(4) driver.
- Make hotplugd(8) ignore ECHILD from waitpid().
- Switch sgi to per-process ASTs.
- Added udl(4) and url(4) to sgi GENERIC and RAMDISK kernels.
- Fix procmap(1) on hp300 by allowing /dev/mem reads in the direct mapping region where there is corresponding physical memory.
- Move vi(1) to use poll(2) instead of select(2).
- Initial version of raid 4 & raid 5 support in softraid(4). Not functional yet.
- Fix NULL pointer dereference in pf(4) when receiving empty tables over pfsync(4).
- Do not accept IPv4 ICMP redirects by default. IPv6 redirects are still enabled.
- Updated the installation user input routines to redraw the question if dmesg changes are detected.
- Bring back "L" to list keyboard layouts during installs.
- Disable xlights on macppc GENERIC kernels.
- For amd64 and i386, do not enable EST if the machine only reports a single state.
- Updated time zone data to tzdata2009i.
- Fix file descriptor leaks in sdiff(1) when diffing regular files.
- Fixed minor memory leak in libc yp(8) code.
- Fix ftp(1) to handle abort transfers when talking to broken ftp servers.
- Make amd64 and i386 disable interrupts during the lock step frequency/voltage change. Fixes random lockups seen with "apm -C".
- In ntpd(8), when the clock has become unsynched, reset the number of saved time corrections.
- Imported xkeyboard-config into xenocara.
- Synced some rcsdiff changes into cvsdiff. opencvs diff -t now works.
- Implemented support for RTL8187b based devices in the urtw(4) driver.
- When running a 802.11 scan, make it fail if the interface is not up and not running.
- Initial code to bring in upcoming DRM support to X.org, starting with the i810 Intel IGP chipsets.
- When using sendbug(1) as root, add base64 encoded pcidump(8) and acpidump(8) output
- Removed debug output from dhclient(8).
- Added an X86EMU option to amd64 and i386 GENERIC kernels to enable the emulator subsystem.
- Added VGA BIOS repost support for amd64 and i386 using a small x86 emulator.
- Fix lapic, interrupt and clock issues on amd64 and i386 ACPI S3 resume.
- Fixed iwi(4) bug.
- Removed xf86rushproto and lots of input drivers that have been dropped by X.org.
- Updated xf86-video-suntcx to 1.1.1 and xf86-video-sis to 0.10.1.
- Fix NULL dereferencing in the ugen(4) USB code.
- Updated libpixman to 0.15.8, xf86-video-newport to 0.2.2, xf86-video-suncg3 to 1.1.1 and xf86-video-suncg6 to 1.1.1.
- Add support in fxp(4) for the 82552 MAC found in some ICH7 chipsets.
- Fix mg(1) cursor position after undo of a region-kill.
- When yp(8) is parsing the group(5) file, check early if YP is active or not, instead of half-way through the parsing.
- In the yp(8) code, treat an empty domainname as a failing call to getdomainname.
- Make the kernel time code abort any adjustment in progress if the clock is set with settimeofday.
- Make tmux(1) check LC_CTYPE, LC_ALL and LANG before trying to decide about UTF-8.
- Enabled IPv6 receive TCP/UDP checksum offload for jme(4).
- Add ability in wsmoused(8) to attach it to a different wsdisplay using -D.
- Add support to ping(8), traceroute(8), arp(8), nc(1) and telnet(1) to specify which routing domain to use.
- Add code in ifconfig(8) to bind an interface to a routing domain.
- Initial support for routing domain. Allows you to bind interfaces to alternate routing tables and separate them from other interfaces in distinct routing tables.
- After calling adjfreq to correct the clocks rate, measure and fix the clock offset.
- Fix problem in mg(1) where line numbers get out of sync on a region-kill.
- When running sysmerge(8) in auto-mode, install binary files from the X sets automatically.
- Make backtraces in ddb(4) through interrupts work.
- Switched default depth on xf86-video-glint to 24/32 bpp.
- Make rtsold(8) turn on -inet6 on the interface.
- Make ix(4) devices switch to a dynamic pool backed TX so it doesn't have to allocate everything up front.
- Recycled four unused fields in the disklabel structure to fit in bounds information about the zone of the disk that OpenBSD can use.
- Implemented CBT support (backward tab) in tmux(1).
- In setenv(3), do not assume we can overwrite strings in the environment.
- Allow ifconfig(8) to turn off IPv6 completely for an interface using the -inet6 option.
- Added Sitecom WL-608 to the list of supported run(4) devices.
- Added proper support in tmux(1) for tab stops.
- Plug NFS mbuf leaks in the DRC.
- Added a resolv.conf(5) option to specify the order in which getaddrinfo(3) queries will be made. Changed the default to ipv4 first and then ipv6.
- Endian fixes in xf86-video-glint.
- Plug memory leak in systat(1) when the terminal is resized.
- Added support in tmux(1) for C0 within escape sequences and the C0 vertical tab.
- Make relayd(8) keep the SSL session for each checked host, making subsequent checks faster and lighter on the server.
- If getgrent(3) fails while handling a +groupname:*:: entry due to lack of memory, make sure we report the error condition.
- Fixed segfault in locate(1) if count gets out of bounds.
- Make tun(4) emulate link state depending on the open and close of the device fd.
- Fix the installer ftp(1) client to handle bracketed IPv6 host addresses.
- Fix auto-negotiation on some msk(4) devices.
- Rework the ip_input code decision on whether a packet is to be delivered locally or forwarded. Improves forwarding speed on boxes with many local addresses.
- Fix re(4) IPv4 RX checksumming for the non-TCP/UDP case.
- Added "rde rib " to the bgpd(8) config and allow the rde to use these other RIBs.
- Enable bge(4) IPv6 receive TCP/UDP checksum offload for the 5755 and later chips.
- Make ksh(1) in vi mode handle ^W erase more like vi(1).
- Fixed active ftp sessions over IPv6 in ftpd(8).
- Added gfxp(4) to sparc64 GENERIC, RAMDISK and RAMDISKU5 kernels.
- Added a kern.bufcachepercent sysctl(8) to allow adjusting the buffer cache size on a running system.
- Make wireless interfaces have priority 4 by default. Other interfaces remain at 0.
- Make tmux(1) pass window titles through vis(3) to remove nonprintable characters.
- Added hotplug device support on SGI machines and added hotplugd(8) to SGI builds.
- Changed the httpd(8) config to allow localhost to query server-status by default.
- Added basic infrastructure to take advantage of TCP and UDP receive checksum offload over IPv6.
- Added support in em(4) for the newer 82575 (and maybe 82576) chips.
- Make yp(8) support group(5) exclusion.
- Make putenv(), setenv() and unsetenv() in libc standards compliant.
- If both -h and -k are specified in df(1), the latter takes precedence.
- Better scp: URL handling in pkg_add(1).
- Fixed crash in tmux(1) when swapping pane positions.
- Imported an acpi power resource driver to amd64 and i386 GENERIC kernels.
- Make bge(4) set IFF_ALLMULTI properly when in promiscuous mode.
- Make dhclient(8) use the newer route flush functionality, which allows for multiple dhclients to coexist.
- Added acpivideo code to get brightness support for all laptops except thinkpads.
- Updated the NFS over UDP transmit logic.
- Enabled acpidock on amd64 and i386 GENERIC kernels.
- Disabled tmux(1) UTF-8 detection code, breaks on sparc64 machines.
- Fix apache so it reports Content-Length as 64-bit integers, allowing for files larger than 2G to be served.
- Switched uvm object global hash table to a red-black tree.
- Make the install scripts detect changes in the interface list.
- Reintroduced the powerpc interrupt rewrite for the macppc and socppc platforms.
- Make ospfd(8) and ripd(8) track reject and blackhole routes and allow them to be redistributed even if pointing to 127.0.0.1.
- Make softraid(4) rebuilds restartable over reboots.
- Fix bug in mg(1) where it would crash if lots of characters were inserted into the minibuffer.
- Make fxp(4) and rl(4) at pci detachable.
- In the iwn(4) driver, make sure it does not leak mbufs in the RX path in case hardware decryption failed.
- Make tmux(1) spawn login shells by default.
- Make atw(4) and dc(4) at pci detachable.
- Make gscsio(4) cope with logical device number gaps.
- Do not leak memory in tmux(1) if multiple -f flags are given.
- Fix problem with ypldap(8) lookup by uid.
- Fixed ksh(1) macro handling.
- Enabled the CRYPTO option by default on macppc and zaurus RAMDISK kernels.
- Make xl(4) at pci detachable.
- Added tmux(1) to the builds.
- Enabled machfb(4) and raptor(4) on the sparc64 RAMDISKU5 kernel.
- Enabled machfb(4) on sparc64 GENERIC and RAMDISK kernels.
- Implemented machfb(4), an accelerated driver for the sparc64 PGX/PGX64 framebuffers.
- Added an interface for CPU idle on amd64.
- Make rtw(4) devices detachable.
- Initial bits for softraid(4) rebuilds. Disabled for now.
- Fix NULL pointer dereference in the libc rpc(3) code when a client encounters ENOMEM while trying to print an error message.
- Better atomic locking routines for mips64.
- Imported tmux(1), a terminal multiplexer.
- Make smtpd(8) propagate the recipient domain through aliases expansion.
- Initial version of ldpctl(8) and ldpd(8), a label distribution protocol daemon for mpls.
- Make the uvm(9) RLIMIT_DATA check deal with wraparounds.
- Fix the order of checking whether an amd64 or i386 machine has MTRR.
- Disconnected sup(1) from the builds.
- Fix NULL dereference in acpidump(8).
- Fix ksh(1) crash when handling expressions containing "--" and "++".
- Make udl(4) allow font widths other than 8 pixels wide.
- Removed window(1).
- Enabled zyd(4) on more platforms after the endian fix.
- Display SSL negotiation information in the received line of incoming sessions in smtpd(8).
- Fix libevent EV_READ/EV_WRITE for smtpd(8) also.
- In udl(4), fix End Of Command token for async transfers.
- Fixed endian issue in zyd(4).
- Add uvideo(4) to zaurus GENERIC kernels.
- Move the test for EST capability on amd64 outside the intel vendor check and use the EST CPU feature to determine if it is available or not.
- Enabled udl(4) on the socppc platform.
- Enabled pf(4) by default in the rc.conf(8).
- Make the pf(4) "set" operations for loginterface, hostid, reassemble and debug transactional.
- Reduced udl(4) overhead by addressing 256 pixels per command instead of 128.
- Added support for audible ping(8) and ping6(8). Use -e to beep on replies and -E to beep on missed packets.
- Fixed routing daemons using libevent to handle if EV_READ and EV_WRITE are set at the same time.
- Updated xcb-proto to 1.5, libxcb to 1.3 and xcb-util to 0.3.5.
- Workaround xterm(1) issue on ARM cpus.
- Updated lynx(1) to 2.8.6-rel15.
- Added SCH IDE support in pciide(4).
- Re-enabled interface state tracking again.
- Fix a missing refcnt bump causing panics in the kernel routing socket code.
- Added VIA CPU crypto support on the amd64 platform.
- In ntpd(8), use the SCM_TIMESTAMP socket option to get the time we received a reply, instead of the time when ntpd read from the socket.
- Added support in smptd(8) for specifying a certificate when relaying to another host which requests client certificates.
- Do not consider unresolved weak symbols in the ldconfig(8) prebind code an error.
- Added an acpi(4) error handler for missing AML nameref.
- Fixed acpi(4) parsing rules for Scope opcode. Fixes panics on some HP systems.
- Have softraid(4) bring up raid sets that have missing members.
- Make ddb(4) allow 8-byte writes on 64-bit platforms.
- Make route(8) flush accept "-iface/-interface" or "-priority" to be specified to only flush routes matching these conditions.
- When booting SGI machines in the "install software" mode, make them load the correct bsd.rd.IP## instead of just bsd.rd.
- Make fsck_ffs(8) check values in cg_initediblk more strictly to prevent corruption.
- Make vr(4) return the RX descriptor after pointing it to a new mbuf, fixes panics seen when handling many small packets.
- Fix disklabel(8) exit codes in order to help the install scripts catch failures.
- Make SGI machines handle NMI interrupts on IP27 and IP35 systems.
- Make smtpd(8) include both the incoming message size and the envelope address in the email headers.
- Made the install script acquire the list of attached disks and CDs whenever required so you can plug in additional devices after the install has started.
- Temporary fix in the smtpd(8) ruleset processing.
- Fixed old dhclient bug which could cause lease entries to be lost when initially loading the client leases.
- Make sure smtpd(8) will only allow one AUTH command per session and reject further AUTH attempts.
- Added request flood mitigation to smtpd(8).
- Updated the time zone data to tzdata2009g.
- Allow iwn(4) to coexist with Intel Active Management Technology which may use WLAN too.
- Added an option to bgpd(8) to change the "connect-retry" timer.
- Make sure cloned routes inherit the route label.
- Select the SGI TLB handler workaround at run-time since the fix for R5000 will confuse R10k rev 3 CPUs.
- For tcpdump(8), add a missing check for truncated dport in the returned UDP header for ICMP_UNREACH_PORT.
- Endian fix in em(4) VLAN handling.
- Make the security(8) script honor the SUIDSKIP variable to exclude paths from setuid and device checks.
- Added limited iommu functionality to the SGI xbow XBridge code, allows an IP35 machine with memory after the 2GB boundary to run.
- Enabled support in bge(4) for HW TCP/UDP/IP receive checksumming, and IP transmit checksumming.
- Added Pantech UM175 to the list of supported umsm(4) devices.
- BCM57790 is also supported in bge(4) since the last update.
- Added D-Link DWA-130 rev D1 to the list of supported otus(4).
- Added Unitek Y-2240 to the list of supported udl(4) devices.
- Imported libxcb 1.2 and xcb-util 0.3.4 into the xenocara tree.
- Add support for BCM567x, 577x and some new 572x/578x devices in bge(4).
- Added ForwardVideo EasyCAP008 and König CMP-USBVGA10 to the list of supported udl(4) devices.
- Make daily(8) skip ROOTBACKUP when the destination disk device is not configured.
- Make sure daemons do not fall back to the user "nobody" if the specific _user is not found.
- Add code to sparc and sparc64 to attach mice as wsmouse(4) devices. Allows sparc and sparc64 users to run X without a configuration file. Multihead still needs a minimal configuration file though.
- Make ntpd(8) check mode to prevent replying to broadcast and other unwanted ntp packets.
- First step towards smtpd(8) configuration reload.
- Prevent injection of raw 802.11 control frames through bpf(4) on devices that do not explicitly state this capability.
- Added Hercules HWNU-300 to the list of supported run(4) devices.
- Updated xinput to 1.4.2, xf86-input-vmmouse to 12.6.4 and xf86-video-vmware to 10.16.6.
- Make sure all users of the routing table index uses a signed type.
- Added support for the DisplayLink USB<->DVI Adapter in udl(4).
- Fix in gcc for sparc64 for INTMAX_TYPE and UINTMAX_TYPE.
- New firmware package for iwn(4), containing a new image for Wifi Link 5150. No change for 4965, 5000, 5100 and 5350-based devices.
- Rework color handling in cwm(1).
- Updated the Mesa GL code to 7.4.2.
- Make cwm(1) redraw the border when unhiding a client window.
- In bgpd(8), rework most of the RDE to allow multiple RIBs.
- Initial version of vsw(4), a driver for the virtual network switch on sun4v sparc64s.
- Enabled udl(4) on amd64, i386 and sparc64 GENERIC kernels.
- Enabled udl(4) and wsmux(4) on the armish platform.
- Enabled udl(4) and ukbd(4) on the landisk platform.
- Fix ospfd(8) route metric for "redistribute default".
- Updated the run(4) microcode.
- Added Mvix Nubbin MS-811N to the list of supported run(4) devices.
- Better MBR validation routines.
- Added Various GENERIC-IP## and RAMDISK-IP## files to the arch/sgi/conf dir to support the various models.
- Different SGI interrupt deadlock prevention using a timeout. Makes Origin 200 run multiuser.
- Make SGI boot code compile both 32-bit and 64-bit boot blocks.
- Added udl(4) in macppc GENERIC kernels. Disabled by default.
- Added cwm(1) configfile commands 'grouponly[1-9]' to select a group and hide all the others.
- Avoid loop in the UDF disksort() code.
- Added support on newer axe(4) devices to set a different MAC address than the one in the EEPROM.
- Added Adaptec AAR-1225SA to the list of sili(4) devices. Should work.
- Make sure pfsync(4) only send frequent updates for TCP connections, the state sync for all the other protocols only have 1-second resolution anyhow.
- Added udl(4) to i386 GENERIC kernels, disabled for now.
- Switched iwn(4) and wpi(4) over to the MCLGETI buffer allocator.
- Added support in umsm(4) for Truinstall enabled modems like Sierra 881U.
- The daily(8) script now looks for VERBOSESTATUS and if set to 0, no mails will be sent unless there is something to report.
- Added a new feature to sysmerge(8) when run in -a mode, to checksum reference files in order to be able to automatically upgrade all unmodified files next time. Also, -S and -X switches are now deprecated.
- Add Edimax RT2860-based devices attach to ral(4).
- Fix iwi(4) association with APs that refuse non short slot-time capable STAs.
- Enabled USB RX stream mode for run(4) devices.
- For VT6105M-based vr(4) devices, enable the IP, TCP and UDP checksumming.
- Enabled vcc(4) and vcctty(4) on sparc64 GENERIC kernels.
- Added a vcc(4) and vcctty(4) driver for the "Virtual Console Concentrator" found on the control domain of sun4v systems.
- Avoid the expensive mbuf copies on modern vr(4) devices and use a quirk table for device matching.
- Better job handling in make(1).
- Initial udl(4) console device driver for USB displays based on DisplayLink DL-120 / DL-160 display chips.
- Rewrite of the daily/weekly/monthly scripts run from cron(8). Weekly and monthly will be more silent now.
- Fix xbow devio byteswap on the SGI platform, makes isp(4) happy on IP27 and IP35 machines.
- Initial code for a port to the ARM7-based omap35xx platform. Not functional yet.
- Moved amas(4) to the generic dev/pci source dir and added it to the i386 platform also, still disabled by default on amd64 and i386.
- Make the default dot.login scripts skip terminal initialization when logging in from an xterm.
- Fix for SGI clock interrupt checks, would run at HZ/2 previously.
- Make sure ls(1) in -C mode does not ignore the COLUMNS environment variable even if the output filehandle is not a tty.
- Initial version of endrun(4), a driver for the EndRun Technologies native time-of-day timedelta sensor.
- Fix for xf86-video-mach64 ATI reference clock for Rage XL and Mobility cards on sparc64 so you can run X without an xorg.conf on machines like Blade100 and the Tadpole laptops.
- Updated libdrm to 2.4.9.
- Updated xf86-input-mouse to 1.4.0, xf86-video-ast to 0.89.0, xf86-video-nv to 2.1.13 and xf86-video-siliconmotion to 1.7.1.
- Updated xf86-input-penmount to 1.4.0, xf86-input-vmmouse to 12.6.3, xf86-input-void to 1.2.0 and xf86-input-keyboard to 1.3.2.
- Updated xf86-input-fpit to 1.3.0, xf86-input-hyperpen to 1.3.0 and xf86-input-joystick to 1.4.1.
- Updated xinit to 1.1.1, xf86-input-acecad to 1.3.0 and xf86-input-citron to 2.2.2.
- Updated xproto to 7.0.15, and xextproto to 7.0.4 and libX11 to 1.2.1.
- Various installation script updates and fixes, and a new ftplist backend that tries to provide a good ftp server for you to use.
- Updated inputproto to 1.5.0, libXi to 1.2.1 and xinput to 1.4.1.
- Updated xrandr, randrproto and libXrandr in xenocara to 1.3.0.
- Fix link state updates in vr(4) when used together with an rlphy(4).
- Added READ(16) and WRITE(16) commands to mfi(4).
- Make the boot loader able to pass db_console to the kernel, then use it to set ddb.console early in the boot for amd64 and i386.
- Enable hardware VLAN tagging/stripping on ix(4).
- Implemented 64-bit FIFO modes for ciss(4) devices.
- Extended top(1) STATE column to fit more than 9 CPUs.
- Added VLAN support on the install media where it fits.
- Make sure vr(4) interfaces do not get stuck if the interface went through a link state change.
- Make OpenCVS support some additional diff options: -a, -b, -d and -w.
- Updated time zone data to tzdata2009g.
- Fixed security issues in the freetype library.
- Updated xf86-video-radeonhd to 1.2.5.
- Make xterm(1) default to being a login shell by setting XTerm*loginShell:true in the Xdefaults for users.
- Make sure ftp(1) is not trying to send NOOP strings after server closes the connection.
- Added basic support for Envy24HT chips in the envy(4) driver.
- Fixed scalbn, scalbnf and frexpf on amd64 libm.
- Enabled berkwdt(4) on i386 GENERIC kernels.
- Updated file(1) to 4.24. Includes a "-i" switch so file(1) can output mime type strings.
- Added berkwdt(4), a driver for the Berkshire Products PCI PC Watchdog.
- Make relayd(8) allow both UDP and TCP redirections now.
- Moved ix(4) buffer allocations to MCLGETI.
- Added support in pciide(4) for ICH10 SATA devices not operating in AHCI mode.
- Fix segfault in ping(8) when displaying certain ICMP packets that are not echo replies.
- Move bge(4) jumbo frame allocator to the MCLGETI interface.
- Allow bgpd.conf(5) and bgpctl(8) to contain 32-bit ASN numbers written in ASPLAIN format.
- Make ntpd(8) ignore replies with timestamps after 2030 to prevent time_t / tv_sec wraps.
- Make bgpd(8) discard pfkey replies that were destined for some other host.
- Increased the default thread stack size to 256k for 32-bit hosts and to 512k on 64-bit hosts.
- Added Emobile D12HW to the list of supported umsm(4) devices.
- Added an 8U252AM4 chipset to the list of supported uftdi(4) devices.
- Make ftpd(8) log both remote IP and the remote hostname when receiving a new connection.
- Various small improvements in spamd(8).
- Fix renice(8) for a negative pid when in historic mode.
- Added an amas(4) device for amd64 based machines to describe the physical memory layout.
- Fix bnx(4) DMA map unmapping and unloading in the TX cleanup path.
- Enabled schsio(4) on amd64 and i386 GENERIC kernels.
- Moved ARM and SH soft interrupts to mutexes also.
- Switch the amd64 and i386 soft interrupt code over to mutexes instead of simplelocks + splhigh().
- Synced sudo(8) with version 1.7.1 final.
- Switched hme(4) over to the MCLGETI mbuf allocator for the RX ring.
- Make MPLS correctly handle packets the are leaving the MPLS cloud and joining the IPv4/IPv6 stack.
- Added "Connection close" to HTTP check headers in relayd(8) to not confuse HTTP/1.1 servers claiming keepalive sessions.
- Added support for -t, -v and -F cmdline args in the smtpd(8) sendmail interface.
- After the large pf(4) rewrite, fix a few things like correctly inheriting queue stuff, tag, rtableid from the rule if we have no state.
- Removed the unused en(4) driver.
- Convert the sis(4) driver to the MCLGETI buffer allocator. Makes it handle overcapacity far better.
- Initial implementation of package signatures for pkg_add(1).
- Updated time zone data to tzdata2009f.
- Enabled ix(4) on amd64 and i386 RAMDISK kernels.
- Some tweaks to the CPU affinity code.
- Make sure the bnx(4) driver does not free an mbuf that still is in the TX queue.
- Start of Origin 200 support in the SGI platform.
- Converted various macros in the NFS code to functions to reduce kernel memory usage.
- Added a "-T title" option to ftp(1).
- Implemented a /dev/mdesc file for sparc64 platforms to read the machine description on sun4v virtual machines.
- Added support for IOC3 interrupts on SGI machines.
- Make smtpd(8) not assume all certificates match the interface names when explicitly provided in the configuration.
- When running sysmerge(8) in automode, it will automatically install files that only differ by CVS Id.
- RELIABILITY FIX: Null pointer dereference in pf(4)
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- Updated sudo(8) to 1.7.1.
- Added auto-disk layout to the installation media for simple one-disk installs.
- Moved sparc to generic soft interrupts.
- Updated xf86-video-i740 to 1.3.0, xf86-video-vesa to 2.2.0 and libICE to 1.0.5.
- Added a hook in sysmerge(8) to deal with special sendmail db files under /etc/mail.
- RELIABILITY FIX: OpenSSL ASN.1 invalid memory accesses.
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- Allow to specify an alternate control socket for ospfd(8).
- Disabled tht(4) checksumming, appears broken on fragmented packets.
- Updated time zone data to tzdata2009e.
- Initial version of a mandoc(1) program.
- Fix panic when unplugging an otus(4) device.
- Removed pf(4) scrub rules, and only do one kind of packet reassembly. Regular rules can now have per-rule scrub options. Also new "match" keyword and a small speedup.
- Make sysmerge(8) create a report summary file in the work directory.
- Updated OpenSSL to 0.9.8k.
- For the SH architecture, implement and use sqrt, sqrtf and fabsf in hardware.
- Updated fontconfig to 2.6.0.
- Make patch(1) also return an exit code to indicate failure, apart from the stderr output.
- Updated xterm(1)to version 243.
- Make OpenCVS properly expand modules if requested by the client.
- Make systat(1) show interface description names in the interface view.
- Added code in the scheduler to peg a process to stay on a CPU forever.
- Fixed smtpd(8) auth PLAIN authentication issues.
- Fixed SEM_UNDO handling for rthreads.
- Converted the procfs from lockmgr(9) to an rwlock(9).
- Added support in relayd(8) for specifying a CA file to verify SSL server certificates when connecting as a client from relays.
- Make relayd(8) re-initialize tables after reload to handle new and changed tables.
- Remove duplicate entry in fdisk(8) for partition id 0x07, so it shows up as NTFS.
- Added support in relayd(8) for client-side TCP connections from relays.
- When the acx(4) watchdog times out, reset the full chip.
- Fixed possible memory leaks in the yacc parser code used in various applications.
- RELIABILITY FIX: Use of pmap flags in DMA'able memory mapped by devices on i386 may cause the flags to be uninitialized and the devices to misbehave.
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- Switch sk(4) over to the MCLGETI allocators for the RX ring.
- Make systat(1) show usable numbers for fast disk transfer speeds in the vmstat view.
- Switched bnx(4) to the MCLGETI jumbo frame allocator.
- Fix puc(4) rate calculations for the 8-port Serial Technologies Expander PCI-232-108.
- Enabled ahc(4) on sparc64 RAMDISK kernels.
- Various ospf6d(8) updates and fixes.
- Fix kernel crash in uvideo(4) when closing bulk devices.
- Bypass macsec on extreme/supreme-based msk(4) devices, makes 88E8072 chips work.
- Fix hard lock issues on msk(4) devices.
- Fix hard locks in the msk(4) driver.
- Fix for race in mfi(4).
- Added an U command to the disklabel(8) E(ditor) to revert the label to the previous state.
- Added C99-conformant nan, nanf and nanl for the Vax platform.
- Fix for decoding pathnames in rdistd(1) which contain space,tab or newline characters.
- Fix soft interrupt handling on sun4m sparc machines, so Ross systems work when using hme(4).
- Added EW-7717Un and 7718Un to the list of supported run(4) devices.
- Added Edimax EW-7318Ug, 7318USg and 7618Ug to the list of supported rum(4) devices.
- Added support for the BCM5825 and 5860/61/62 Broadcom CryptoNetX IPSec/SSL Security processor in the ubsec(4) driver.
- Added ASUS USB-N11 to the list of supported run(4) devices.
- Fix for (root) logins when yp(8) is configured but temporarily unavailable.
- Added Sitecom WL-603 to the list of supported zyd(4) devices.
- Added Linksys WUSB200 to the list of supported rum(4) devices.
- Added a couple of GW3887/v2-based devices to the upgt(4) driver.
- Fix permission race in install(1) when run with -S.
- Fix handling of files in Attic/ for OpenCVS, also fixes -l and -r for checkout/update when a file in Attic exists in HEAD which is a directory in the normal repo.
- Updated xf86-video-siliconmotion to 1.7.0.
- Synced the net802.11 code with 802.11w draft 8.0.
- Added support for CACE AirPcap Nx in the otus(4) driver.
- Updated freetype to 2.3.9.
- Switched OpenCVS file and directory lists to Redblack tree(3) for faster lookups.
- Added watchdog timer support to schsio(4).
- Moved the NTFS kernel code from lockmgr(9) to rwlock(9).
- Added "Chen-Source CM12402 Eagle IR Cam" to the list of supported uvideo(4) devices.
- Make perl(1) encoding library recognize "646" as an alias for "ascii".
- Added Emobile D21LC to the list of supported umsm(4) devies.
- You may now feed sysmerge(8) older etcXX and/or xetcXX tarballs so sysmerge(8) can automatically update files that did not have local changes between versions.
- Added support for AES-CBC with the BCM5823-based ubsec(4) devices.
- Enabled otus(4) on amd64 and i386 GENERIC kernels.
- Changed the behaviour of "redistribute default" for ospfd(8) and ripd(8). A default route has to be present in the FIB to be correctly advertised.
- Upgrade txp(4) to a newer firmware, needed by some variants.
- Switched msk(4) to use MCLGETI for jumbo frame allocations.
- Initial version of otus(4), a driver for Atheros AR9001U USB IEEE 802.11 devices.
- Added rlog -d support in OpenCVS.
- Added CPU process affinity for SMP arches.
- Fix possible out-of-bounds access in ssh-agent(1) if the environment variable SHELL was shorter than 3 characters.
- Fix auto-negotiation for manual media type selection on ale(4).
- Add workaround for gem(4) RX MAC/FIFO hangs on ERI.
- Added an 'A' command to disklabel(8) Editor mode, and -A flag to automatically execute it on disks without a label.
- RELIABILITY FIX: Audio interrupts while filling the audio ring buffers could make the audio application go out of sync during high system load.
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- Made acpiprt(4) always re-route interrupts.
- Switched vax and sgi machines to have generic soft interrupts.
- Attached smtpd(8) to the build.
- Updated time zone data to tzdata2009c.
- Prevent ips(4) from setting error on data underrun, allows a scsi tape on the pass-through bus.
- Added support for 88E8057-based Yukon 2 Ultra 2-devices in msk(4).
- Initial support for pruning in dvmrpd(8).
- Added D-Link DWA-130 to the list of supported run(4) devices.
- Added SCSI Pass-through and enclosure support to ips(4).
- RELIABILITY FIX: aucat(1) in server mode will send each synchronization message twice which may cause stuttering.
A source code patch is available.
[Applied to stable]
- Fix bgpd(8) to correctly encode MP unreachable NLRI so IPv6 prefixes get removed correctly.
- Make sure iommu attaches to AMD family 10h processors too.
- Added the MAC address to the log entries for DHCP ACK/NAK/OFFER in dhclient(8).
- Added sensor devices for Thinkpads.
- Updated freetype to 2.3.8.
- Enabled vic(4) on amd64 GENERIC and RAMDISK_CD kernels aswell.
- Make httpd(8) drop privileges to www/www instead of nobody/nogroup if the User/Group config file entries are not present.
- Enabled urtw(4) on amd64 and i386 GENERIC and RAMDISK_CD kernels.
- Initial version of a driver for the FFB3/XVR-1000 graphics adapters for sparc64. Disabled for now.
- Updated xterm(1) to 242.
- Switched the m88k platform to timecounters.
- Added support for Geyser2 devices and fix some Geyser1 devices that can be found in iBook G4 12" machines.
- Removed deprecated proxymgr and xfindproxy applications from xenocara.
- Updated xauth(1) to 1.0.3 plus some fixes from the git repository.
- Updated xf86-video-neomagic to 1.2.2 and xf86-video-s3 to 0.6.1.
- Updated xf86-video-ast 0.88.8, xf86-video-chips to 1.2.1, xf86-video-dummy to 0.3.1 and xf86-video-glint to 1.2.2.
- Updated xf86-video-voodoo to 1.2.1, xf86-video-apm to 1.2.1 and xf86-video-ark to 0.7.1.
- Updated xf86-video-tseng to 1.2.1 and removed xf86-video-cyrix/xf86-video-vga.
- Updated xf86-video-sisusb to 0.9.1, xf86-video-sunleo to 1.2.0, xf86-video-tdfx to 1.4.1, xf86-video-tga to 1.2.0 and xf86-video-trident to 1.3.1.
- Make dvmrp(8) RDE aware of multicast group members per interface.
- Bring in a few more PCI IDs into aac(4) to match IBM ServeRAID 8i and 8s.
- Added support for the IBM ServeRAID-8k in the aac(4) driver.
- Make ELF platforms generate ELF core dumps.
- Teach bfd and gdb(1) about the upcoming ELF core dumps.
- Stricter pf(4) checking for ICMP and ICMPv6 packets.
- Updated xf86-video-rendition to 4.2.1 and xf86-video-s3virge to 1.10.2.
- Added a user and a group for smtpd.
- Fix clock drift on 197DP mvme88k SMP machines.
- Make sure ntpd(8) does not convert the received refid to host byte order.
- Fix NFS on m88k SMP kernels.
- Added POSIX character class support to ksh(1) globbing.
- Added a few more RealTek RTL8187-based cards to the list of supported urtw(4) devices.
- Make sure the radix_mpath code checks rt_gateway is not NULL.
- Fixed the standalone tftp client to send valid ERROR packets to prematurely terminate a transfer.
- Added support in the mvme68k platform for MVME141 and MVME165 boards.
- Enabled raptor(4) on sparc64 GENERIC and RAMDISK kernels.
- Fixed ksh(1) test(1) operator precedence inconsistency.
- Added raptor(4), an accelerated framebuffer driver for the Tech Source Raptor GFX cards on the sparc64 platform.
- Make libc mktemp(3) also use digits in the random file name. Also include a termination condition after 2*N^62 attempts where N is the number of X's in the filename template.
- Prevent normal users from running "smtpctl show stats" and "smtpctl schedule".
- Make pfsync(4) check IFF_RUNNING before doing stuff, to save time for people that don't use pfsync.